Monday, February 23, 2009

Wacked Out Week

It's been awhile, I know. But things have been busy, and wacked especially lately!
It's been your standard winter of work/indoor roller-riding/and hockey. Until now!
Let me break down the week for you begining with 2/15:

Sunday: Daytona 500 party. Oh yeah- turn left, repeat! This is where I get my criterium schooling.
Monday: Winter Carnival @ KHS begins; Drake & Fenix are on vacation for a week.
Tuesday: KHS boys hockey loses 3rd game in a row.
Wednesday: I get a random 6 hour smackdown that I fortunately sweated out overnight.
Thursday: Forced day off from training plus a 6" snow storm.
Friday: Winter Carnival in full swing from broomball to ski hill events. Ease back into training. Boys hockey loses 4th in a row.
Saturday: Winter Carnival comes to an abrupt conclusion due to a potential flu outbreak.
Sunday: My first outdoor ride of the season, even though it was on a trainer in the Augusta Marketplace parking lot next to the school bus I drove KHS kids in for the day! KHS headmaster announces school is officially closing for the next 2 weeks due to a confirmed influenza outbreak. Including spring break, that's a 5 week vacation!
Monday: 22" of fresh white stuff falls, SNOW DAY!

WTF is this week gonna bring?!

4 comments:

Laps said...

Wow. You lucked out. I work at Tilton and we have to wait 2 weeks for our winter break.
What does Kents Hill's mountain bike schedule look like for next year? Would you be interested in racing in NH????
Let me know.

Unknown said...

5 week break?? WTF? You can't complain at all about that. Where was my five week break when I was at the hill?? It's going to be a ghost town there. You better be picking up the hours on the bike over the next month + 1 week!!!

rick is! said...

dude, those private school kids are such wimps. when we were at lawrence they'd make us catch the flu to toughen us up.

are you going to have to go to school into the summer to make up the time? that would S-U-C-K!

Wheels said...

We could be down for trekking over to NH for a race. Our Saturdays are booked September/October. What about a Sunday or first of November?

I still have to work, the rink didn't close. So the 5 weeks doesn't exactly apply to me. This spring they're adding Saturday classes and extended Wednesdays to make up for time lost. Well worth it I say!