Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thanks John!

I’m currently without a road bike. I hadn’t planned on racing this weekend but with the lacrosse season schedule changing daily, this Saturday opened up. After the group ride last weekend, I found out several PVC guys were planning to race Turtle Pond and suggested I sign up for the Cat. 3 race. Go ahead, twist my arm!
So, thanks to John at KB&S, I have a bike to compete with. The funny thing is, John is on vacation so Stephen didn’t hesitate to volunteer the bike for my use! I’ll try not to break it John!

The bike is an Ultegra-equipped Schwinn Pro Fastback. It’s aluminum with carbon stays and fork. It’s still fair to say I don’t have a lot of experience with road bikes. I’ve only ridden a handful. This is my first experience on a compact and mostly aluminum frame.
I rode with it yesterday and felt comfortable right away. The cockpit didn’t feel odd and it the bike overall felt quite responsive. The ride was not harsh no doubt due to the carbon. I’ve made a slight handlebar adjustment to achieve a more aerodynamic position, but that’s it. I’m hoping it and I perform well Saturday.

No comments: