Wednesday, February 15, 2006

First Ride of 2006

Temps were in the 40's and sunny so I couldn't resist getting out on the road. Rode my Salsa Las Cruces for an hour. It was great to be pedaling outdoors again. I can't imagine winter is over so I'd better take advantage of the conditions while I can.
I had a chuckle while riding. A propane delivery tanker truck drove by, gave me plenty of room so there was no worry there. As it passed I heard a rattling and noticed it was dragging it's hose behind. It took a second, then I realized how much it was waving around behind the truck and realized it could have drifted into my line and taken me out. I was too stunned to try to wave him down to tell him.
Figures, first road ride, first near-crash experience! I hope this isn't an indicator of things to come!

No comments: