Sunday, December 24, 2006

My Favorite Bike


The Aegis Shaman



For whatever reason, I never posted a picture of my 'cross bike as I did with my road and mountain bikes. I snapped these a few days ago after converting it to my post-Nationals winter training ride.
The component group highlights are: Ultegra drivetrain with 12-27 cassette; FSA Energy 40/46 crankset; Salsa Bell Lap bar; Mavic Open Pro wheelset; Panaracer Cinder X tires.
This bike was a joy to ride. On the 'cross courses it accelerated off the line and out of corners quickly and absorbed the rough stuff to conserve valuable energy. I had a ton of confidence on it, railing the corners. My favorite riding position was on the top bar using the shorty brake levers as needed. I also enjoyed riding it on the road thanks to its comfortable cockpit and forgiving ride making it my winter training bike of choice.
Aegis is updating this model in 2007 naming it Pave and giving it a disc brake option.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: