Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Outside Ride!

For only the 2nd and 3rd time since January 1, I got to ride outdoors while on the Cape. Unfortunately, it was less than fun. The weather was wet and windy with temps in the mid-30's. The saving grace was at least the roads were clear. I was a bit more practical with my attire this time and felt semi-clammy at the conclusion of each 2 hour sessions. I rolled on the Aegis 'cross bike with knobbies not knowing what the road conditions would be like.
This was an opportune time to road test a couple of things new to me like the Craft Storm pants pictured below. They're not quite tights so I wear the padded shorts underneath. The material is a funky feel that is wind/water proof with articulated knees. Once pedaling, I didn't know they were there and that was good.

I also tried these Pearl Izumi booties that I won at a race. They're a size large and I could probably use a medium. The top surface is supposed to be water resistant. They're not too thick, so I think they're designed more for weatherproofing than warmth. My shoes still got damp on the wettier (new word) day so I assume it's the size issue. Don't know if I'll keep them.

The whole family is now back in Maine, and it looks like I'm headed back onto the trainer with tomorrow's stupid weather forecast.

1 comment:

rick is! said...

now that looks more like it clothing wise. if the shoe covers are waterproof it probably means that they got wet from your own sweat since, I would assume, that if you won them they aren't blingy enough to breath well.

kudos for getting out on the roads.