Monday, July 06, 2009

Vacation Week

Just back from a week on Cape Cod hanging at my mom's with the fam.
We caravaned down in 2 vehicles so I could bring back some stuff my mom is getting rid of.
Here are the before/after van pics. There's even a mower and weedwacker in there!


The weather really cooperated for the most part and we got in some boat/beach days.
I skipped a rainy road ride at home before we left and was treated to sun and warmth on the Cape so I made the 25 minute road ride to my favorite trail network at Otis for a couple hours of singletrack.


Of course, I did have my run-ins with the rain and got hit with hail on my return from a MTB ride:

And got wiped out by an epic thunderstorm on a road ride that wiped me out as the expression on my face relays. You know you're riding in a majot event when your feet get submerged in puddles on the downstroke!
The week was capped off by a fantastic fireworks display viewd from the boat. Now it's back to work and a busy month of racing!

No comments: