Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tuesday Night Smackdown!

Holy chowder did I get punched last night! Babs had some friends to meet in Portland and I wanted to hit up the PVC Tuesday Night Ride, so we combined forces and drove down.
I dropped her off at the marina, then popped into CycleMania to pick up some tubes and Stan's (first time I've ever had to buy the goop). I kitted up and joined the relatively small (20+) but strong group of riders, several of whom were my OA/CycleMania teammates.
The pace was torrid once we left the metro area and started climbing. I was redlined and just hanging on. At one point an elite group went off the front, but I maintained their pace off the front of the 2nd group. It was a constant hard effort, right up to the long stretch back into town where we maintained a 30 mph paceline to the final sprint.

This was a phenomenal workout and a reminder I still have some training to do!

1 comment:

mike joos said...

Nice job not getting dropped.