Sunday, April 23, 2006

Training Update

It's been awhile since I last posted. It's been a busy month of work, coaching lax, and training. I haven't had much down time except at night, and that's reserved for reality TV shows! I want to learn to do more with the Garmin 305, but haven't taken the time. The info it provides (HR, cadence, speed, etc) is sufficient for now!
I think I've been progressing well. Physically, I look like I normally would mid-season so that's a plus. It's difficult to guage where my endurance and lung capacity is. The first mountain bike race will be my best test I guess.
The last couple of weeks are the first I've been able to ride outside. Although the weather was relatively mild in March, it was easier to do the training drills on the trainer in a controlled environment. Plus, I realize I'll be riding ALOT outside from here on so why not watch a video and sweat it out!
I've always been critical of my surrounding geography as there truly are no exstensive flat rides from the house. Everything is rolling or hilly, and don't even get me strated on the wind! Bur, I've managed to cater routes towards the type of training I have to do and the headwind is actually helpful resistance. So, hopefully this will translate into good results down the road.
I raced today but don't know the official finish so I'll post a recap when I do.
By the way, the Aegis is awesome, PERIOD!

No comments: