Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Mexico vs. Brasil 9/12

I got a call from my soccer coach from Lawrence Academy the other weekend asking if I wanted to attend this match between soccer powerhouses at Gillette Stadium. This is not an invitation you refuse. My teammate and classmate, Guillermo "Memo" Cantu, is the Mexico National Team Director and he had some tickets to share with his fellow Lawrencians. The night was epic by all accounts. It was a spirited match between the teams, but luckily Brasil came out on top as the crowd was easily 90% Brasilian. Memo took the time to come down and watch the entire 2nd half with us and we caught up with our lives since '86. I swapped stories with the rest of the fellow Lawrencians allowing for good reminiscing.

The big story though was the traffic! I left Augusta at 3:30 and arrived just in time for kickoff at 8:30! Then, after the game, I was pinned in the parking lot and didn't hit the main road until 12:45am! I got home at 4am! Worth every minute in the car!


No comments: