Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Bonus Road Ride 9/27

On my way down to Boston today, I stopped in Portsmouth, NH to do a little tax-free shopping. I also needed to get a ride in, so I took the risk of riding in unchartered territory and found a gem of a place to ride. It took some getting to, but I eventually found my way onto Route 4 and had a nice spin out past UNH and back. Plenty of shoulder, and fairly flat was just what the doctor ordered. While winding my way there, I stumbled upon the tiny town of Newington where it looked like time stood still. Cool 1700's era buildings, cannons, church, etc. There was a rock with a plaque on it stating this is the first establishedtown forest in the country. There also appeared to be some mtb trails off the road surrounding Pease Airbase which made me wish I had the knobbies on my Major Jake.

If I could figure out how to download pics off my phone I'd have some sweet ones to share. But just picture riding from here to the heaven I mention above and you'll know it was a grand day in the saddle!


No comments: