Monday, January 28, 2008

Commuter

I gave Babs a Kona for her birthday back in October. I then pimped it at Christmas with the rack/basket combo. But, in essence I ended up giving myself another bike! As the weather has been especially wintery and I haven't changed a flat on my Surly since the summer (rear wheel on a SS just adds a bit more hassle), I've ended up taking hers to school on a daily basis. Although a bit small for me, I've thoroughly enjoyed the ride on the Kona and the basket has been great to carry the laptop and stuff. The back of the basket does contact my butt slightly, but not enough to make it an issue. Serves as a functional rear fender to keep the spray off the backside. The basket slides easily into place with a quick snap. The rack is specific for smaller mountain bike applications.

My seat post height

Babs' seat height
I finally took the time to change the tube on my Surly and I'm back to loving it. Funny how some time away from a bike really makes you appreciate it once back in the saddle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Swampy,

Just stopping by to see whats cracking up in Maine. I hope facebook is treating you well. Other than that I think i am going to grab some rollers. Got any suggestions? Other than that see you out on the road! Joek said he is going to race this yr but who knows.