Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Master of Mud

With last weekend's final Maine Series race being cancelled on account of rain, I can officially announce I successfully defended my title as Master of Mud: the top racer in the series.

"All hail the Master of Mud, join us on the podium!" say the competition.
Or was this for Duchess of Dirt instead?!
The competition was tough and winning was not easy this year. A tip of the helmet goes to Racin' Rick who had to bow out of contention due to real life circumstances and Andrew Freye who really was the better racer, but had a couple of issues that prevented him from accruing more points.
Helmet to helmet, he beat me 4 out of 6 times. One of the losses he flatted 4 times! The other loss, though, was the nail in the tire. I had to win the final race to win the title and I did, straight up. Now Andrew will say I did an extra race which is true. But, this only gave me the flexibility to throw out my worst finish. He chose to do another race early in the season and didn't have that luxury.
The "Master" once again puts the "student" in his place!

As a season-ending bonus, I discovered I ended up 5th overall in Elite in EFTA's New England Championship Series!

OK. Enough self-stroking. Now, back to 'cross training!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wax on, wax off.... Remember not only did you race one extra race the series was shortened by two races, bradbury and the one way up north. Who knows what it would have been like if Bradbury had been on????? You could have been in a better situation going into Grilz or not....

rick is! said...

you guys are so lucky that I wasn't in it in the end...ya right.

good job to both of you and hopefully I'll give you a run next year if the house is done.

good luck in cross.

Eternal Roots said...

HA!!! You kill me!
Senor Wheelden y Senora Sam Renan!!!!(I have no idea if that's how that is spelled).

ALL HAIL MASTER OF MUD!!!!