Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Great Falls Criterium Race Report

Masters 35+
20/36

Pro 1/2/3
19/35


This will be brief. Ended up working for the man "Fast" Fred "TT" Thomas in the Masters race. He went off with 2 others early and I served as sentry at the front of the field. They stayed away and Fred finished 3rd. I finished with the pack in preparation for the next race.

Thanks to teammate Paul Weiss for the pics



In the pro race I hoped to remain in the pack and finish. A couple of guys got off the front and McCormack's teammate Mark Gunsalus worked the front of the pack keeping the pace reasonable. There were several very hard accelerations, especially after the punchy climb. But I held on and rolled in with the group happy with the effort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bumming that I didn't make it to that race to cheer you and the guys on. Good results for the team throughout the weekend!