Saturday, June 06, 2009

Not Your Average Roadkill

Not to be outdone by Commuter Rick's recent bout with the wild, I must share this. Of course I'm kicking myself in the junk for not thinking and taking a picture with my phone.
I was on an out and back ride this morning and passed what I thought was the backside of a fox dead in the road. It looked in pretty good shape, just some blood spilling under the head. I slowed on my return trip and did a double take because it didn't have a long nose and stuff and swore it looked like a cat. So I turned around and was quite suprised to see a pretty cool looking bobcat.


I was eager to tell the maintenance guys back at school and when I did got a backhand for not dragging it off the road and calling. Apparently these things go for over $1000 stuffed. I am such an ass! I had gloves on and everything!
Well, I may live in Maine, but I ain't no Mainer! I was scared enough it would jump up and chase me! Oh well. I'll get the next one!

1 comment:

rick is! said...

you always, always, always take a picture, no matter how mundade the subject. you can always think of a reason to post it later.

lesson learned.