Sunday, December 30, 2007

Winter Singletrack


Conditions in the woods improved yesterday after about 4" of snow plus a little rain and freezing rain fell. A few days earlier it was downright nasty as there was open water and thin spots.

No wonder I'm confused, I don't know which way I'm going!

This is the trail intersection bearing Jon Kindig's name. He grew up in Wayne (yes, Wayne, Maine!) taught here on the Hill for a few years and coached mountain biking. He has moved on, but continues to compete at a high level in the silly 24 hour solo discipline like the World's.

3 comments:

rick is! said...

where is the bike?

Wheels said...

Bike? Shoot, I wish I had my snowmobile! Only you would try to ride in these conditions.

rick is! said...

maybe...after tonights dumping I'm REALLY looking forward to some snowmobile trail riding. First though is another snowshoe adventure with the pooch tonight mid-storm.