Friday, July 27, 2007

1/2 Bradbury Pre-ride

The course direction is changed this year as we begin on the parking lot side and ride/run up the switchback we used to descend on. I scouted it out briefly, it is surely going to split people up in a hurry!
I spent the rest of the ride across the street yesterday as it was just a tempo day for me. Got my requisite over-the-handlebars moment over with early on. The most challenging sections are the first 2 so we get them over quickly. There are brief monents for recovery on the double track sections. We get a nice long break as we bomb down the snowmobile trail/road right down the middle. All told I had just under 13 miles of singletrack action. Could there ever be too much singletrack?!
My sense is this race is going to be as much about mental toughness and concentration as it is about endurance. Although the singletrack is not technically difficult, it commands your full attention as a lapse in focus can find you overcooking a turn and breaking new trail.
I hope it's more fun than obnoxiously long!
I'll hit the mountain side Saturday to get a full feel for the race.

1 comment:

rick is! said...

don't forget to hit the new tyron mountain trails.