Monday, July 16, 2007

Maine Bike Rally Time Trial Report 7/8

35-44
3rd


Overall
18th


I still had the Aegis T2 I borrowed from owner Pete Orne when fellow Kents Hillian Matt Moore told me about this race he was heading to. I seized the opportunity to ride this awesome bike again and he and I headed south early in the morning.
Unfortunately it was a rainy day so spirits were somewhat dappened, but we rationalized it was going to be better than training in the rain.
We joined a record number of participants (90 or so), warmed up on our trainers and pounded the pedals. The course was just over 12 miles of mostly flat so it was a true hammer fest! Matt went out some 7 minutes ahead of me in light showers and wet roads. It didn't rain on my run, but one had to make full use of the road to avoid the running water and standing puddles.
Matt ended up 10th in our age group and 41st overall with a personal best sub-32 minute time.
Former NHLer Eric Weinrich finished ahead of me, he's strong!
I'm glad Matt talked me into the race and grateful Babs and the boys let me sneak it in. It was a fun event, except for the suffering!



Thanks to Cadence Photo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wheels, you came in 13th not 18 overall! your faster than you think!

matt