Sunday, February 10, 2008

Good times

This was a banner weekend. First, KHS kids left Thursday for a long weekend. Friday was an easy work day covering a Maranacook HS game. Later that night, we held the draft for our NASCAR Fantasy League. There are 8 of us in the league, all with KHS ties. The one wild card from away is Joey K.
This meant the Daytona 500 is only a week away and I get to be a redneck again!
Saturday was Drake's hockey game, then Babs did a mom's brunch, then I did a 2.5 hour snowshoe, then the Smuckers had a Pre-Summer 2008 party complete with horsehoes, a fire pit, and of course beer die.
Today was more hockey, then a riveting afternoon at the Auburn mall. Babs went to caucus and I rode the rollers. I was hoping to watch the Bud Shootout that I recorded then the Grammy's, but the dang cable is out so it may be movie night instead.
I really enjoyed that snowshoe. My workout for the day was for 2.5hrs of aerobic activity. There's no way I was going to spend it on the rollers. I had big aspirations earlier in the week to get outside, but Friday brought us more snow and the roads were bogus. I also took advantage of walking on the XC ski trails since they hadn't been groomed in a week and we got ANOTHER 6+" last night and today. This winter is great, albeit a little over the top! I'm not complaining. I felt fresh on the rollers today, so life is good!

1 comment:

rick is! said...

my brother lives for his fantasy leagues. i'm sure he's in several for nascar.