Sunday, April 20, 2008

Nice week of riding

Finally got a full week of road riding in. These shots were taken Thursday, displaying the reluctance the snow and ice have for melting. I had a close encounter of the deer kind Saturday. I was riding along a farm field and noticed something moving to my left. I thought it was a horse at first, then I realized it was a deer bounding along next to me. Suddenly, it takes a left, squeezes through barbed wire fence and cuts right in front of me. Luckily I had slowed because I was in awe of the situation. He crossed the road and took off. If there had been a car coming the other way, it surely would have been hit, creating the possibilty of the deer then hitting me. A truck behind fortunately slowed, no doubt witnessing the whole ridiculous scene. As I passed the farmhouse, the owner was out in the driveway and he shouts "That was so cool! Imagine the story of a deer hitting a bicyclist!" All I could say was "That would be awful!"
You city-folk worry about getting hit by cars, I have to worry about wildlife!


I rocked the Aegis Shaman 'cross bike for fun. It helps smooth out the rough roads a bit.



No comments: