Monday, April 28, 2008

1st MTB Ride of the Season!

So, plan D was to hit Bradbury this week because I had dirt on my mind (not necessarily a dirty mind!). Looking at the week's weather, Tuesday was a washout so today was the day to go.
Freye (fresh off his first win of the season) and I met up for our annual ride and spent just under 2 hours of quality time on some of New England's finest singletrack. The trails are in mid-summer conditions with a handful of mud spots. They could use a raking and removal of sticks, but that will be taken care of this Sunday, I hope to help.

This pic is from last year, a full week later than today, so we're ahead of the game!
This was my view for the day. Luckily Andrew was in recovery mode from the previous day's race so he didn't get too far out of sight!

Upon returning home, I kept the Freye theme alive and completed a long overdue project of staining chairs that he made back in the day as a KHS student. Ever the entrepeneur, we payed Andrew way too much for these planks of wood! At least they look good now!

1 comment:

rick is! said...

can't wait to get to bradbury. I was thinking about going this sunday but I may hit up the portland trails instead now.