Monday, April 28, 2008

Racing? Nah. Riding? When I can!

This past weekend wrapped up school vacation for the 2 boys. I spent a very enjoyable week as daddy day-care going skating, playing lax/kitchen hockey/soccer/baseball/whiffleball, watching the Stanley Cup playoffs, and refereeing the battles!

The weekend plans were altered when the boys were signed up for a hockey clinic every Sunday through the spring. I had the Palmer Library road race on the preliminary sked, but didn't want to miss the first skate with Drake in goalie gear. Plan B was to hit the SIP crit, but the weather looked iffy and we hosted a rather impromtu party Saturday night so the crit was out. Plan C was for the whole family to head to Freeport while I rode the freshly opened Bradbury Mt. trails. All was going according to plan, but with the truck loaded and headed south, I realized I would have had less than 1 hour to ride, and that just doesn't cut it at Bradbury!
So it was an unscheduled day off, but it was a quality one with the fam nonetheless.

No comments: