Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Had a very involved weekend, racing not included. Friday had to skip a workout to keep up the tradition of putting a foursome together for the Jeff Parola Memorial Golf Tournament. I used to think I would snocross race in the winter and golf in the summer for fun. Then I woke from my mid-life crisis and decided I would get back into bike racing full swing and compete at the highest level. Wait, I must still be in a crisis state!

My dad drove up from the Cape and later that day the whole family attended Fenix's graduation from Montessori Pre-School. My dad, Babs and I then attended a formal KHS party. Attendees were required to wear a "Canadien Tuxedo." Check out the pics and see if you can tell what the clothing requirement was!

Saturday I sheepishly rode away from the fam to get a 3 hour road ride in while everyone attended Fenix's last t-ball game and Drake's last baseball game. After my ride, my dad and I played 9 holes at Belgrade Lakes GC. Then, we put him to work as Babs and I went to a dinner party until LATE night!

Sunday wrapped up a killer weekend with a relaxed morning, seeing my dad off, than the fam dropping me off at French Freye's 497 house from where he and I rode to Bradbury. We spent 2+ hours riding the favorites backwards, creating a new trail sensation. The rain left things slick, but not damaging. It was refreshing to ride the wet roots and rocks after the silly dry early season. Of course I finally took off my mud tires, only to need them today, but it was great to work on the skills. We ended the day on the "O" trail. Today's sentiment was: Man "O" man, this trail ain't any easier backwards. It is damn humbling!

The fam returned from their Freeport excursion, French Freye rode home, and I reluctantly took Babs, Drake and Fenix across the rode and did a loop for the first official family mtb ride ever! Natch, we got back to the p-lot and were in a hurry to warm up and dry out and a pic to makr the momentous occasion was scrapped. Hopefully, there will be many more rides to come.
Prepping this week to bring the ice back in the Alfond and race @ Clifford on Sunday.

No comments: