Monday, June 30, 2008

Lenox Tools 301 Race Report

No I didn't race it! I watched while sucking fumes and beers!

Cruised to Loudon, NH to watch the NASCAR race thanks to my good friends the Klucevseks who hook me up with tix each year. Went with P-Diddy and his daughter Sam along with Ray Bonnefond, a real #24 fan. Weather looked gloomy early on but the sun broke out and heated 95% of the race. It was pretty boring until the last 25 laps when a thunder storm was imminent and things got racy! Wrecks were numerous with plenty of drama to go with. Lightning was flashing all around and I thought it wise to get out of the metal stands! Watched the final wreck and caution, then the rain came and the race was called.
I got my motorhead fix for now. It's back to bikes this weekend at the Horror in NH.

This is what I think all crit races should have:

Garage area for prepping bikes


Separate pit road for repairs and wheel changes



Pit boxes for each racer done up in team colors


Pace car with a little something extra under the hood

Flag stand for lap counter at start/finish line

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Todd,

If you didn't already hear, you'll be glad you missed Moody Park. Mud beyond explanation (knee deep!).

My bike is still mad at me.

Steve