Friday, November 07, 2008

Words that Inspire

I am going into the final races with this message in my head from Sam, a ball of red-headed fire whom I taught middle school Spanish to. She was a PIA, now she is an inspiration.

"Quit f-ing whining. Ride your race, do what you can, and call it a day. It's bike racing people, if you don't want to wreck, have flats, have crap break, or get your ass kicked from time to time then you should knit. If my bum leg and the inability to race has taught me anything it's that I would rather have any race mishap that you can possibly conjure happen to me than to NOT race. So people (you know who you are) I beg you, HARDEN THE F#$K UP!!!"

Priceless!

3 comments:

Eternal Roots said...

I just want it to be known that training to be a Pain in the Ass is just as hard. It takes years of discipline. I also had a lot of help from fellow classmates....Nessy!!!! I am proud to say that I continue to be a successful pain in the ass each and every day! I owe a great deal of my successes, in everything, to The Senior!!!!

brett said...

I owe a great deal of my successes, in everything, to The Senior!!!!

Yes, once "SeƱor Wheeldon", now he's "Senior Wheeldon". You eyeballin' that 45-plus group yet, Wheels? Ha!

Eternal Roots said...

HA HA HA oops....well, now we know why I switched to German.