Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bradbury is BAADbury

Since Tuesday was Community Service day at KHS, I thought I would do my share by making a $3 donation to Bradbury Mountain State Park and do some trail maintenance. Of course, I spent 99.9% of my time riding. But often it's the thought that counts, right?!
Perhaps not, as I'm sitting here with an ice pack on a swollen knee. I have no idea how/when I hurt it. Karma is a bitch!


I met up with Burnsy and Coach Kurt and we got our swerve on. Both guys are rolling 29ers. What am I missing?!


With JB's help making fork adjustments, I am getting more accustomed to the new bike. It rides super plush. But who @ FOX thought this was a good way to save weight? They removed some material and created this void which now serves very well as a mud shelf. So shed an ounce of metal, but replace it with a pound of mud? Not a sensible trade-off IMO.

3 comments:

Laps said...

29ers are the way to go. I got my first in 03 and won't ride little wheels any more.

rick is! said...

wait a minute, I saw you on route 27 this morning, how were you there and at bradbury???

Wheels said...

Posted this morning, rode Bbury Tues. Tomorrow's post explaining today's ride is ode to you!