Thursday, May 21, 2009

Pulled a Rick Nelson

I took my car in to Augusta for service Wednesday and took advantage of riding some flat terrain for once. I needed a bit of recovery from the previous day's Bradbury ride. I opted for the mtb to add saddle time and continue to get acclimated to the ride. I spun out of town on Rt. 27 and took advantage of roads that branched off and followed the Kennebec River.
I had to take a natural at the turnaround and happened upon an atv trail that was pointed down towards the river bank. I am typically not one to explore the unknown. But, I was inspired by Racin' Rick's (Commuter Rick?) habit of riding wherever he damn well pleases, and steered the bike down the trail. I was treated to a lovely ride along the river bank. It was certainly worth it.



The route back took me along the Kennebec River Rail Trail
and a stop at Kennebec Bike and Ski making for a very enjoyable time spent on 2 wheels.

3 comments:

Laps said...

that bike looks out of place on the bike path.....

Wheels said...

Yeah, like bringing a gun to a sword fight!

rick is! said...

see the magic that can happen when you un-bunch your panties? I'm still 'splorin my local area and finding all sorts of new stuff. sure, I sometimes get lost and end up in someone's back yard but sometimes it really pays off, like one I found yesterday!