Monday, May 11, 2009

Out of the Box

Finally put together the Hei Hei Supreme last week and got a couple of road/dirt road shakedown rides in. It was immediately comfortable so confidence is high right out of the gate. New features are the curved top tube. It's funny to actually be able to touch my knees together at the top of the pedal stroke. This is a major aerodynamic advantage for me! It does pinch the water bottle room a bit. This marks the first time I'm running a FOX front shock. So far so good. I felt like it had an extra bit of stiction before the travel got going, but time and proper setup will tell. Also a major new to me feature is the hydraulic disc brakes. I fear these are going to be a major maintenance hassle after dealing with kids on my KHS MTB team's bikes, but I'll give them a proper chance.


The RaceFace seatpost is pretty cool for ease of setup. I like the ability to alter my seat angle based on courses. Hopefully it won't slip mid-race.


My only change was swopping out the flat bar with a riser. I feel so much more in control with that setup. Of course, I added the Superfly Swatter option as these buggers are known to be prominent on New England race courses!

1 comment:

Laps said...

looks pretty sweet. I think you will like the hydros. I think they are relatively low maintainence. Also anything on a kid/teenagers bike is very prone to breakage.