Sunday, May 04, 2008

Friggin' Maine Weather!

Today's ride wasn't much more fun than the one below in February!



The best laid plans go to waste! This weekend was shaping up to be a beauty. Saturday's plans entailed feasting at the fireman's breakfast en route to Drake's baseball game then I mapped out a 3 hour hilly ride to do in Belgrade. For Sunday, Freye and I had plans for an epic day hitting the SIP crit in the morning, followed by trail work and a ride at Bradbury. Instead I had 2 epic road rides in the freezing rain!
When we showed up for the fireman's breakfast only to discover it ended 45 minutes ago, I should have known then nothing else was going to go right! Fortunately, Drake got his game in just as it started to rain, and then it never stopped. I kept waiting for the sun they forecasted to come out, but by 2:30, I knew I had to get out there for the 3 hour deal before supper. It was a tedious task to say the least. The forecast for Sunday was less than favorable, but it looked like the heavier rain was coming through in the afternoon. I woke up early enough to drive down to the race, but looking at the radar and despite having the motivation to race, I bagged it. It was not worth the drive to hopefully get a good workout in, and there was no way we'd be able to ride at Bradbury. I concluded I could get in a closely equivalent ride at home and just be semi-miserable. The ride didn't dissappoint, it was cold and rainy and the only reward was that I could get in the shower at home right away!
Freye did end up going down to the crit, and it was cancelled! I guess that was a little good karma sent my way for the day! Schmatters, the whole fam is headed to Florida Thursday for 4 days and the extended forecast is for sun and 80's! I hope the karma keeps coming!

No comments: