Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again - Otis

The fam and I are spending a few days on the Cape and the weather is finally cooperating, allowing for actual outdoor riding! I seized the opportunity today and pedaled from Mashpee Commons down 151 to the mountain biking haven known as Otis. Because I’m trying to sell my old Kona and the new one isn’t in, I opted to reward the Surly campus commuter with a ride worthy of its service to me all year ‘round. Thankfully, Steve at the shop put the AED to her and resurrected the Surly's affection for ripping it up off-road.
Following Thom's ritual of consumming DD coffee prior to riding without gears.
Not sure if a latte is kosher.
It’s a rough ride, and a suitable substitute for a gym session, there was some serious slow cadence/bar wrenching sections. The terrain is spelled out well here by Colin. I rode for 2 hours in there and didn’t retrace my treads once, that I know of at least!

The 1/2 pipe, berm section

One of many unique trail markers. Tried to give this guy a boost, but the liquid kept pouring out its neck.


So happy, making sand angels


1 comment:

Big Bikes said...

Hey man, too bad we couldn't hook up for the ride!

Otis was slammin' Sunday. We had a frickin' blast.

-t