Monday, March 02, 2009

Boston, abbreviated.

The fam and I whisked south for the weekend and had big plans for fun in Boston. Fun was had, but plans were curtailed when Sunday's weather forecasted snow and we decided to leave Saturday night instead. Nonetheless, we got a weekend's worth of activity in 24 hours.

After getting stuck in traffic Friday after yet another fatal accident on 295 (that's at least 3 I've been on the road for), we drove straight to The Border Cafe in Hahvahd Squayah and met up with KHS grads Jerry and Katharine for the best margarita's and food north of the border.

Instead of biking, I worked on parking! This was a scene right out of Austin Powers, you know the one.













Saturday morning I was supposed to hit up the loop Thom plotted out for me but the ride was scrapped after the decision was made to leave that night and all activities would have to be completed today.
Just to prove I actually brought my bike AND rollers!
After a big breakfast, it was off to the Museum of Science to meet my mom, then to the North End to meet another KHS grad Danny,





then a window-shop walk around followed by the best pizza and beer in town at Regina's, and topped with an Italian coffee at a small shop to fuel me for the ride home.

So Sunday I was forced into a double session of snowshoeing and roller-riding to make up for lost time. Today is another snow day, so it's skating and kitchen hockey with the boys! Life is good.

No comments: