Sunday, March 29, 2009

Keep Tri-ing

I was thumbing through an outdated Bicycling magazine and came across this Style Man advice I have to share. This goes out to Coach Kurt and KHS triathletes Meg and Catherine.

Question: "I passed a male rider who was on a high-end tri bike and wearing no jersey. Is is ever OK to ride topless?"

Style Man: "When we are 7 years old, we have a hilarious time playing with friends and creating a new sport out of 3 existing ones - football/basketball, for instance. Those of us who grow up dedicate ourselves to real sports. Triathletes press on, tragically unable to shed their infantile fascinations, to the point where they see nothing ludicrous about romping sans shirt like prepubescents on a summer day. The only humane reaction to those suffering from such disorders is pity."

Couldn't have said it better myself!

2 comments:

Big Bikes said...

Worse than going sans shirt is
the Male-Halter-Top style.
I am still baffled by that one.

-t

Kurt P. said...

pretty sure I have seen you in one Thomp!