Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tough Time of Year to Ride


The sun was shining and the thermometer showed 50 so out the door and onto the road I went in my skimpiest outfit of the year: no shoe covers, knee warmers, shorts, wicking long-sleeve, and long sleeve jersey. As soon as I hit the road, I realized I was on the edge of having enough to wear. The big issue was the snowbanks and lakes. The wind would blow across the open fields of snow and send a 30 degree breeze my way. It was also apparent the temps were a good 10 degrees cooler when snowbanks still existed close to the road shoulder. Finally, anytime I went by a lake, it was lake sticking my body in the freezer.

Of course, I am a pansy and this stuff is a challenge for me, not hardcore commuters like Racin' Rick. But I accept my position as a whiny, spoiled pro who would have someone else train for me if I could. So you can't make fun of me!
Right now, this is my motivation to ride:

1 comment:

rick is! said...

yeah, hardcore baby!