Sunday, March 22, 2009

Plan B

Last week, Drake was sick on Monday. Then Fenix got it Wednesday. Not to be outdone, I got it Friday. It was a light, 24hr deal with a low fever that emerged as I was doing an openers workout on the rollers in preparation for the next day's lactate profile test at the OA Sports Center's open house. My condition improved Saturday morning, but not enough to put myself through the torture test. I did feel good enough to make the drive down for the OA/CycleMania Masters Team meet/greet/photo though. Can't pass up some quality PR!

That left me in a quandry as to what to do today. An easy ride, another day off, a snowshoe? Since it was a sunny, pleasant day and it felt fairly warm, I opted to do the prescribed power workout on the road, my first of the season around home. Despite a rogue snow squall, it was a proper excursion. I was pleasantly surprised at the excellent conditions of the roads. I made a beeline for Rt. 133 via Wayne, then cruised to Livermore Falls and took Rt. 17 home. Aside from 1 section on 17 where the snowbank creeped into the road, it was all good. So no more excuses, unless it's below 40, I'm riding outside from now on. Big deal, huh?!

No comments: